History

All in the Family Since 1963!

Created by Royce Henline (pictured) and Irwin "Doc" Dunlap, Fort Cody Trading Post has been in continual operation since 1963.  The first Fort Cody, (pictured above), was located on US Highway 30 in North Platte and closed in 1969.  The second and present Fort Cody was built to coincide with the opening of Interstate 80 in 1968.  It continues to be family owned and operated, and is soon to be in third generation ownership.

Fort Cody Trading Post was once the summer home for the Whitecalf family of Pine Ridge, South Dakota.  They performed their Native American dances including the challenging hoop dance.  Their final summer in North Platte was 1977, when they returned to live year 'round in South Dakota.

Before Fort Cody...

Sioux Trading Post

1952-1969

East Highway 30, Ogallala

Royce Henline and Doc Dunlap

‚Äč

Buffalo Bill Trading Post

1950-1954

West Highway 30, North Platte

Royce Henline and Doc Dunlap

The Wigwam

1952-1981

Highway 6, Atlanta, Nebraska

G.L. and Mazie Henline

Fort Cody Trading Post ©        221 Halligan Drive   North Platte, Nebraska 69101         308-532-8081         fortcodytradingpost@gmail.com